Don’t you think the way you think about weight loss can have you piling back on the same old weight?
If you speak in a certain way then your results will be in the way of your inner talk even if it is at an unconscious level you are messing up your results and your head.
I am not going to promise you an overnight avalanche of fat falling off your body. But what I will promise is that if you read on I will open your eyes to some really simple powerful stuff.
The bottom line is that:
I am going to show you how to get rid of sabotaging language and start to use words and thinking that helps you “get shot of fat”
I can’t emphasise this enough:
The weight loss industry in part has been set up to make you fail. let’s face it this industry needs repeat customers to keep buying and buying its products over and over again.
Crappy language 101 (the positives)
- Diet – the first 3 letters spell DIE. An unconscious failure word. Spot this and never use the word again in reference to what you are doing. Stop saying DIET NOW.
- Loss – when you lose something you search and search for it until you find it. Think about when you lost your house or car keys. This is a failure programme already running which keeps you searching for lost weight. Stop saying LOSE NOW.
- Weight – weight loss is unspecific and just refers to a part of you so your energy is depleting because it focuses on weight. Whatever that even means. This is a confusion in itself. You need to be after FAT. Stop saying WEIGHT NOW.
Specific compelling and motivating language 101
- Body fat – this is what you are after getting rid of. Let’s get specific on what we are targeting here. If you talk about fat then its raw, emotional and real and this can really drive you forwards. Start talking about FAT NOW
- Shedding, binning off, demolishing, dissolving, eradicating fat. All of these words imply the fat is going and gone for good with no desire to have it back. Start using words that mean it’s gone for good NOW.
- Using “I am” “I can” “I will” statements that imply intent and direction. Never use “I should” or “I will try” as these have failure built into them. Start using these words Now.
This is about personal power and not allowing it to leak to other things or people.
A diet implies you are giving away your power to a thing outside of yourself – a diet. You are all the power you need and a diet won’t keep you motivated.
Tap into your own inner resources like setting goals, having a vision and using people, the internet, and other resources to make things work for you.
Have a real emotional, raw, compelling reason for doing it as this is truly motivating. Really work this one out and you will succeed.
OK, so the very last word!
When people say to you “you look great now” “oh you have lost a lot of weight” take the compliment, thank the person and say to them “thanks for noticing, I look and feel great and I agree with you” (people love to be agreed with trust me)
- You must remember to make this about you and give yourself credit for the tiniest change. Note it in a book or in some written form.
- If you can look back and give yourself credit for the tiniest change and note it in a book or in some written form this is a record and proof.
- If you can look back as the weight falls off and your jeans are slacker take careful note and give yourself credit consciously this is important for motivation.
Thanks again for reading my editorials and if you want to talk things over please contact me HERE for more information on Weight Management not weight loss 🙂